School Age Program/Before and After School
After a long day in school, children want to relax in a comfortable, home-like environment instead of another school like facility. Children’s Nest school age program provides a comfortable, safe, fun place for your child to unwind, play, practice skills, and interact with caring teachers.
School Age Program Participation
The school age program is available for all children who are 6-12 years old before and after school, over school breaks, and during the summer.
The School Age Program Offers:
Children’s Nest school age program will provide the following to ensure that your child is well taken care of:
- A safe learning environment that promotes creativity, independence and cooperation.
- Caring, educated teachers who have experience working with school-age children.
- A wide range of age-appropriate materials and activities.
- A balance of structured, teacher-directed activities and unstructured, child-initiated experiences.
- Plenty of time for active play and socialization.
- Opportunities to participate in snack preparation.
- Time for relaxation and “chilling out”.
- A quiet place to study, with homework assistance available.
- The opportunity to interact with children of various ages.
- A chance to play the role of big sister or brother and be part of a large family.
School-Age Program Policy – Snack
All school age children will be offered an afternoon snack upon arrival from school. Check out the weekly menu see what delicious and nutritious snacks your child will be offered each day. For more information about meals and snacks check out the menu located under the meal program.
School Age Program Policy – Weather-Related Closing
In the event that local schools close due to severe weather, Children’s Nest will remain open until parents can safely arrive to pick up their children.
School Age Programs
School Age Programs promote the social, physical, educational and emotional growth of all children in a safe, caring, structured environment. The primary goal is to ensure all families have access to affordable, high quality before and after school programs promoting strong academic success, health and fitness, recreational activities and enrichment opportunities, that nurtures all aspects of the development of children and youth.